Mini Cheeseburger Bites
There’s a handful of foods in which I can easily eat 24 hours a day, every single day of the year, and cheeseburgers are one.
Because of this, I’ve experimented with many-a-way to take care of my daily/weekly cheeseburger-intake! From various versions of burgers...
(like this cheese and bacon stuffed one)
and then of course there’s these mini cheeseburger bites- a staple in my “cheeseburger rotation” for about 4 years now…
It is rare that a week goes by where I’m not getting a cheeseburger fix, and now you can easily get one, too.
Give these grab-and-go mini cheeseburgers bites a try and feel the cheesy love!
Mini Cheeseburger Bites Servings: 12 bites
*Disclaimer: I apologize for the terrible quality photos- had to use an old, crappy camera and it was nighttime when I was cooking*
Ingredients: 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits ⅓ cup diced onions ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce 2 tbsp. baking cocoa powder Shredded cheddar cheese Garlic powder Cumin powder Ketchup Mustard
*preheat oven to 375*
1. Brown ground beef or ground turkey and ⅓ cup onions over medium-high heat in a skillet
(I used a mixture of turkey and ground beef because both were in the fridge waiting to get cooked)
2. Once meat is browned, reduce to medium-low heat, stir in Worcestershire sauce & cocoa powder, sprinkle in garlic powder and cumin powder (little at first, you can add more later), and drizzle of mustard and ketchup
*I don’t measure the mustard/ketchup/garlic/cumin- just little taste tests as I go (once all meat is cooked and using a clean spoon each time! Don’t spread germs…) and add as need be*
3. Cover meat, return occasionally to stir (and taste/add more of anything you feel it is missing…)
4. Open Pillsbury biscuits and begin cutting each biscuit in half
5. Spread out ½ of biscuit into muffin tins (you’ll only need 6 biscuits, so you can bake the other 2 whole for a tasty side!)
6. Layer shredded cheddar cheese along bottom of all flattened biscuits
7. Remove meat from heat, allow to cool off for about 5 minutes so everything thickens up, stir, then begin spooning into muffin tin
8. Top with a little more shredded cheese
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown
10. Allow to cool a bit before removing from tins
11. Top with your choice of “fixins” such as caramelized onions, pickle chips, ketchup, mustard, more cheese, crushed bacon, etc… (save toppings until you’re ready to serve, don’t pre-top)
*Nutritional information will vary based on ingredient choices, but roughly around 291 calories, 9g fat, 27g carbs, 23g protein per 2 bites*
These little guys are very versatile, so add/remove ingredients as you see fit! Also- I originally started making these with the Pillsbury crescent rolls- they work just as well as the biscuits. I switch it up based off of what is at the store at the time.
As well, Pillsbury makes their doughs in “reduced fat” versions if you would prefer that! Keep an eye out for those in stores.
These are perfect for a meal prep day and can be easily reheated in a microwave or toaster oven!
Don’t let anyone ever tell you you can’t eat cheeseburgers multiple times a week ;) break those muffin tins out and get cooking!