Things I love…
1. Black beans
3. Easy crockpot meals
So, it’s no wonder I’ve been cooking up this Easy Crock-Pot Black Bean Soup recipe so much this fall/winter!
And now, you can hop on the black-bean-boat, too!
Easy Crock-Pot Black Bean Soup
1 can (15.5 oz) black beans
2 cups vegetable broth
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. oregano
½ tbsp. cumin powder
½ medium onion (chopped)
1. Drain and rinse black beans, pour into Crock-Pot
2. Add chopped onion, chili powder, oregano, cumin and vegetable broth
3. Stir well!
4. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-7 hours
5. Check to make sure the beans are soft, then slowly add a ladle-ful of the bean mixture to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
*Note: An immersion blender works very well for this as well!
**Note: If using a blender such as a Ninja or Nutribullet with a plastic container, scoop out desired amount and let cool a little bit before putting into the container and blending! Make sure to never blend hot liquids as they can build pressure in the blender and explode, causing severe burns.
6. Pour back in and repeat until reaching desired amount of whole beans to blended beans.
7. Mix together blended and whole beans and scoop into bowls, squeeze some lime over bowls of soup
8. Top with sour cream, sliced jalapenos, and slurp up!
*Optional: Top with shredded cheese, top with plain Greek yogurt, top with mix of plain Greek yogurt and sour cream, top with cilantro, top with sliced avocado, add in shredded chicken (I usually cook up chicken in various Mexican spices, shred, and add on a bowl-bowl basis!)
(Nutritional information: 163 calories, 1g fat, 33g carbs, 13g protein per serving)
Vitamin-rich and packed with other health benefits, you’re not going to want to skimp on your black bean intake any longer-- and with this recipe, I can assure you, you won’t!
So, fire up that Crock-Pot and get cookin’!