Just because Thanksgiving has come and gone doesn’t mean all those “pumpkin spice” goodies have to, too!
The result of a can of pumpkin staring at me in my cabinet and leftover coffee calling my name from the coffee pot --and inspired by every basic girl’s Starbucks favorite-- these decadent circles of pumpkin goodness are way too good to put a seasonal time-stamp on!
Carry out the delicious fall flavor by enjoying these PSL Protein Donuts all fall AND winter long!
PSL Protein Donuts Serving size: 12 donuts
Ingredients: 1 scoop Dymatize Gourmet Vanilla protein powder
(Found at Philly Gainz in-store or online- www.phillygainz.com- and code 'MARIA10' saves you money!) 1 serving (8g) vanilla JELL-O powder mix ½ cup all-purpose flour 1 ½ tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda ½ tbsp cinnamon ½ tsp all-spice ½ tsp nutmeg Sweetener/sugar to taste 1 egg 120g canned pumpkin ¼ cup Greek yogurt 1 oz. apple sauce
Glaze: 1 tbsp black coffee 10g vanilla protein Cornstarch Sweetener/sugar/powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 2. Mix dry ingredients together (protein, JELL-O, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, all-spice, nutmeg) 3. Mix in canned pumpkin, Greek yogurt and apple sauce 4. Add sweetener/sugar to taste 5. Add egg to mixture 6. Divide evenly into donut or muffin tin (1 dozen donuts or muffins)
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes (until golden on top and toothpick comes out clean-- varies depending on oven)
8. While donuts bake, pour coffee into small mixing dish and add protein powder 9. Add preferred amount of sweetener/sugar *If using powdered sugar: add slowly while continuously mixing until you achieve desired consistency. Skip step 10* 10. Add in cornstarch slowly while continuously mixing until you achieve desired consistency
11. Allow donuts to cool before applying glaze 12. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
13. Eat, eat, eat, and share if you dare ;)
*Nutritional information will vary based on ingredient choices, but roughly around 48 calories, 0.5g fat, 6g, carbs, 5g protein per donut with glaze*
-Refrigerate to store-
Best ways to enjoy?
1- With a real PSL or just a nice, hot coffee
2- Slightly warmed up then topped with ice cream!
3- As a donut/ice cream sandwich (yeah, I got crazy with it one night…)
4- Just by themselves!
...and if you’re anything like me, then A.) your typical “serving size” will be at least 3 donuts at a time, and B.) you’ll be whipping up another batch within a few days!
Post-Thanksgiving days don’t have to mean the end of all things pumpkin! Besides, fall technically isn’t over until December 21st, so go ahead and enjoy these fall-flavored bites well into “Christmas season”!
....sorry, peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice is here to stay!